We are a gym built SAFE for YOU!
Which Fitness 19 Locations does this FAQ pertain to?
Fitness 19 is a network of independently owned and operated gyms. This FAQ only represents actions for Fitness 19 locations represented on this website. For a complete list of locations represented by this website please see our location finder.
If you do not see your location please reach out directly to your Fitness 19 location for billing, opening and other information as they are not part of our ownership group.
Which Fitness 19 Locations Haven't Reopened yet?
Unfortunately due to Covid, not all Fitness 19 locations have reopened yet per state and county mandates. These include the following locations in Los Angeles, Santa Clara, Contra Costa, and San Bernardino Counties:
- Daly City
- Eagle Rock
- Long Beach
- Newbury Park
- Rancho Cucamonga 2 (Vineyard Ave.)
- San Bruno
- San Jose (Blossom Hill)
- San Jose (Story Rd)
- Simi Valley
- Thousand Oaks
- Walnut Creek
Questions regarding your membership at a temporarily closed Fitness 19? Please see our Covid Billing FAQ.
Questions about freezing your account at a currently open Fitness 19? Please see our recent update to our membership freeze policy.
If your Fitness 19 is currently closed due to local and state mandates, all billing is frozen, no additional monthly dues, personal training or annual fee payments will be billed during the temporary closures. The closures are temporary! We will reopen soon.
Our "Above and Beyond" Cleaning and Safety Measures For Open Fitness 19 Gyms
We are so excited to reopen!
We've missed you too! Just like you, we're ready to dust off the fitness cobwebs and get back to doing what we love: some brisk cardio, hitting the weights, taking a little "me time" on the hydromassage chair, working with our favorite personal trainers and class instructors... the list goes on, because there is something for everyone at Fitness 19.
After all, we're a gym built safe for you, no matter what your fitness levels or goals are.
Most importantly we've missed seeing you... we've missed seeing our community in person!
So, while we were temporarily closed, we've formulated a plan and taken the steps to ensure the reopening of Fitness 19 is done safely and timely while exceeding all requirements for safety and cleanliness. Our goal is for you to enjoy your workout with confidence knowing all safety measures are being taken! Please remember all changes are temporary and subject to change. We'll get through this together!
For updates on your local Fitness 19 reopening dates, please continue to follow @fitness19gyms on Instagram. We will also be emailing members as soon as reopening dates are set for each location. Our FREE fitness classes on Instagram Live will also continue even after the clubs reopen so you can get your fitness on at home!
For billing updates, please see our Reopening Billing FAQ.
Fitness 19's Cleaning Standards
Clean Clean Clean
Fitness 19 is assigning designated cleaning staff during each shift to ensure that all touch points are being sanitized with top-quality disinfectant sprays and wipes. Classroom and classroom equipment will be sanitized after every class. Treatment amenities like Hydromassage will be sanitized after every use. You name it, we're cleaning it.
Let's Take It A Step Further
To give everyone even more peace of mind, we are going above and beyond your standard cleaning services. To ensure safety of staff and members, we're taking things a step further with the latest antiseptic technologies.
UV Sterilization Wands
StoneWright Biotech Services Certified
To give everyone even more peace of mind, we are going above and beyond your standard cleaning services. All clubs will be certified by StoneWright Biotech Services for cleanliness prior to reopening and monitored for 90 days. This service will control and prevent the most comprehensive issues relating to infectious diseases, bacteria and fungi. Stonewright BioTech Services is an infectious disease control company, who use a proprietary EPA registered cleaning solutions to kill up to 99.99% of infectious diseases, fungi (mold and mildew) and bacteria, killing all pathogens at the source. With a water based biostatic surface protectant which adheres to porous and non-porous surfaces, this technology allows long lasting protection which continues working for 30 days on high contact areas and even longer on other areas depending on surface traffic. Stonewright will also regularly use a medical grade testing device in our gyms to check for germ counts. Nothing but the best for our members!
Your Workout - Access Changes For Members
Workout With Confidence
We're taking every precaution to ensure you have a fun, safe workout.
Access Changes for All Members
- We will continue with our contactless entry at the front of each gym.
- All members are required to wear a facial mask/covering at all times, including during exercise.
- Members' temperatures will be taken prior to entry. Members with high temperatures of 100.4 Fahrenheit or higher will not be admitted.
- Kids club will be closed temporarily when we reopen. Kids club billing will be paused until further notice.
- Limited number of members will be granted access at one time. Reservations will not be required.
- Every other piece of cardio will be temporarily unavailable in order to encourage social distancing.
- Traditional drinking fountains will not be available, only water bottle filling stations will be available.
- Lockers will be available on a limited capacity.
Classes and Personal Training
- To follow social distancing guidelines, all Group Classes will have reduced spots available.
- All personal training clients will be given a temporary 4 digit access code to use sessions. Thumbprint access will be removed.
- Personal Trainers will maintain social distancing guidelines with clients using verbal cues only.
- Personal Trainers will wipe equipment before and after use.
Fitness 19 Staff and Member Protocols
Here's how you can help keep Fitness 19 safe and fun for everyone.
- All members will be asked to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Members with potential symptoms will be asked to take an “Off Day” and to follow CDC guidelines.
- Members are required to sanitize every piece of equipment with wipes after use. Wipe stations will be conveniently positioned around the gym.
- Premium and Premium Plus members will continue to have weekend guest privileges during all stages of reopening.
Beyond increased cleaning measures, Fitness 19 staff are taking extra steps to ensure your safety
- Staff members will go through a health check prior to each shift. This will include a temperature check at the start of each shift.
- Any staff member that shows symptoms related to coronavirus will be required to stay home and follow CDC recommended steps.
- Staff will be discouraging close proximity workouts.
- Staff members will be required to wear protective face masks/coverings at all times.
- Staff are recommended to wear gloves at all times. It is mandatory that staff wear gloves while cleaning equipment and facility touch points.
- Only one staff member will be allowed at the front desk at any given time.
Covid Billing FAQ
During these unprecedented times we have worked tirelessly to do right by our members and make sure no one is billed for time unused due to mandatory closures. Click below for billing and membership information related to temporary closured caused by Covid. For all other questions please reach out to your Fitness 19 location.